- Some people came with an objective or an attachment. One very rich woman came to Maharaj-ji with a big box of sweets for Maharaj-ji. She wanted to take the sweets for herself and her friends outside. She held out the box to Maharaj-ji so that when he touched it the sweets would become prasad. Maharaj-ji took the box and the woman would not let go. She held on and tried to pull them away from Maharaj-ji. But he pulled them back and then the woman pulled again. This happened again. Back and forth. Then Maharaj-ji pulled so hard that He got the box away from the woman. Then Maharaj-ji said, “You can go now.” The woman was so sad. Maharaj-ji started to distribute the sweets, but Usha said,”Maharaj-ji, You can’t do this. This woman will have a heat attack before she leaves and who will pick up her body?” So Maharaj-ji and Usha watched as the woman left the ashram and walked to her car. When she got in the car and had driven away, only then did Maharaj-ji distribute the prasad.They laughed and laughed.
- Some young people were at Kainchi Ashram fooling around and talking loudly about their own things and interests… their own business. Maharaj-ji stormed out of His room yelling at them and chased them right out of the ashram. They ran out of the ashram and Maharaj-ji ran right after them yelling all the while. Even right across the bridge, He chased them. Maharaj-ji said the ashram is not a place for the worldly thoughts. That the ashram was a place where your heart and your thoughts were able to become one. That to go and stay at an ashram for a year was a way to ‘recharge you batteries’ and that after that you could go back into the world and do your work again, in the right way. This is why Maharaj-ji had many rules and inforced these rules very strongly.
- A man was sitting with Maharaj-ji. Maharaj-ji didn’t give him prasad. The man said, “Maharaj-ji, you haven’t given me anything.” Maharaj-ji said, “I have given you darshan. Isn’t that enough?”
- So many people were amazed that Maharaj-ji would already know the names of so many people who came to see Him. When the devotees asked Maharaj-ji why He could know their names, He said, “What? Do you not know your children’s names? The whole world are my children so I know their names. Do you think that because you have not seen your child in forty years, you forget their name? You have four children and you remember their names. I have millions and millions of children and I remember all of their names.”
- Shortly before Maharaj-ji left His body, He said to Usha,”Soon I will get a new body. This body has become very old.” Usha laughed. She said that it never occured to her that Maharaj-ji would actually leave the body.
As told to Jai Ram