- This event has passed.
LGBTQ+ Satsang: Following In Footsteps – Connecting with the Divine
September 11, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
“I hang out with my guru in my heart. And I love everything in the universe. That’s all I do all day.” — Ram Dass
In Honor of Neem Karoli Baba’s Mahasamadhi (meaning, a conscious being’s exit from the body at the time of physical death), the Ram Dass LGBT Fellowship is gathering to share stories and communally delve into our experiences contacting the Divine Presence. We will share with each other how Ram Dass and/or Maharaji-ji is present to us in whatever form, be it from within our own heart, via another person, in spirit, in dreams, recorded teachings, or in a myriad of other ways.
Join us for a spirited gathering to honor our queer fellowship community. This event will include meditation, social discussion time, and kirtan. Please feel free to bring a story, excerpt, or teaching to share with the satsang, that connects you to or reflects your queer spiritual experience.
LGBTQ+ Satsang Mission Statement
The LGBTQ+ Ram Dass Satsang’s mission is to cultivate loving awareness and heart connections in a community of kindred souls. We celebrate our unity in the full spectrum of gender and sexuality in and from a space of supportive openness.
- Create a refuge of satsang for LGBTQ+ individuals through the teachings of Maharaj-ji and Ram Dass
- Promote inclusive transcendence and self-acceptance of our human incarnation as members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Explore the intersection of seva/service & the spectrum of gender and sexuality
- Hold a space for exploring being LGBTQ+ from the perspective of consciousness
- Have a place to have a voice and be a valued part of the community
- Remove barriers from LGBTQ+ identities within the spiritual world
- Help to generate a shift within the collective consciousness through awakening
To register, sign up for the Ram Dass Fellowship, and check “LGBTQIA Fellowship” under the Fellowship Group Options. You will be added to the mailing list and will receive links prior to the event.