With Teacher Katrina Chester
In this 4 week course you will be invited to apply spiritual practices to your daily life within a small, personalized, live interactive setting – allowing you to shape your experience.
Katrina talking about ZITL
With Zooming in the Lens, Katrina invites a small hand-picked group to play with their perceptions and explore the internal transformations from navigating the spiritual path. Katrina unveiled that incorporating and personalizing teachings, meeting each person where they are in life, uncovers a ‘sweet spot’ in us all and can powerfully integrate ‘experience based‘ practice. A part of us quiet’s for the exchange shared in Satsang, transferring them from paper into your life. With humor and organic down-to-earth conversation, along with like-minded souls in your group, ZITL has created an opportunity for a limitless Satsang (community) we all sort of wish we had at our disposal.
A Community is vital to help us to reorient ourselves to a spiritual perspective. It helps to have fellow seekers in your life who can help you to stay on-track, be accountable and who remind you gently when you seem to have lost your way. Just as we adjust the lens of a microscope to see a specimen more clearly, we can turn the lens on our own perspective to see something more or less in focus. Katrina handpicks participants to form small groups for those in similar places within their personal journey and who share, in some way, how they have shown up to this point in their lives. A quote that supports the idea of practice with Satsung (community) is best said by Annie Lamont: “My mind is a bad neighborhood. I try not to go into it alone.”
For more ZITL Video Clips click here.
→ First…Do you have the requirements needed to participate in this course?
• Computer with reliable internet connection
• Webcam (internal or external)
• Working audio in/out capabilities
• Free Skype › included in the course once you’re in a group, is a tech walk-through so don’t worry if your not savvy on technicals. Just make sure you DO have everything working. Try it out with a friend first if you’re unsure.
• Are you able to have privacy for the 1 1/2 hours in a quiet indoor location?
Great, let’s get started! ↓
ZITL is only to be attended by the ONE person who has registered.
Because of the organic & personalized nature of Zooming in the Lens – we have found it is better to arrive in the now as the priority, rather than, a fixed weekly curriculum. In this way, we can be both fluid and focused. Below is a soft outline without the personalization.
☼ Attachment to Knowing
We are a culture that has to know we know. Even the quest to know is being used as the motivator through life. And that is exactly how life can feel sometimes – a “moving through” rather than “moving with”. We all experience this in different ways yet often we mistake the minds external grasping, for passion, love and/or drive. Investigating our inner motivations allow for a wider perspective, uncovering what is real within ourselves first.
☼Through the Lens of Comfort and Discomfort
Self-discovery may be looked at as a luxury for some when viewed from the lens of responsibility. With that viewpoint, life tends to be lived as a race to the end, consciously or subconsciously. Discovering patterns, individually and collectively, allows us to uncover true responsibility. We use the self with our daily lives (kids, marriage, work, parents) as curriculum for discovering. The experience of shifting from the head to the heart, knowing to knower, invites in our grasping for comfort and our pushing away of discomfort.
☼Wherever the witness can go… you can go.
With the continued conversations into the many parts of us, we ask “If I am going to allow myself the space for change and discovery, which “I” am I bringing into practice? Into experiences? Into daily life?” When we use our mind to define that “I”, experience carries with it heavy personal weight when suffering should arrive. By cultivating the witness we develop the skills to shift perception, unlocking and freeing us from the limited choices of our ego mind. Every part of our being, including our physical body, now join the conversation. Using our discoveries allow us to even use things like working out and any type of movements expressed with the body through the lens of practice. This allows us to motivate with awareness rather than pushing through to our goals and beating ourselves up along the way. Life becomes the invitation. For this session we are lucky enough to have back Dr. Malik Cotter as a guest for 1/2 of the session! He is amazing and lives on the island with Ram Dass, as well as being his physician.
☼The Dance to Freedom: Methods to Madness
Curiosity and imagination are key propellers when practicing. There is a grace that comes when we become the experimenter after looking at ourselves from the outside for so long. Becoming the experimenter unveils true motivations to freedom while the dance and the dancer are delivered to love. As your Satsang walks alongside you while the course comes to an end, you will feel a direction in which you will travel next; finding the visible within the invisible.
Each of the 4 meetings will take place live via Skype at approx. 5:30 pm. PST for an hour and a half, once a week. The courses are limited to 5-10 participants. In order to keep it personal we have to keep it small. However, new groups are forming or the next ZITL courses being offered. By submitting your registration and returning the questionnaire, we can then be in touch with you as soon as an available group is formed. We fill up fast so you are encouraged to complete and return the questionnaire promptly.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER FOR ZITL ONLINE EXPERIENCE → SIGN UP BELOW on this page → Complete and return questionnaire by October 22nd, 2015 / Registration closed → Course starts October 29, 2015
Cost – Suggested donation of $50 – $208.00
We ask that you please donate to your highest ability, yet no one will be turned away due to donation size. Please note – no donations will be accepted until after you have been notified of a group for you. We thank you for your generosity and kindness. We decided to make this ‘suggested donation’ as Katrina and LSRF feel passionate that what matters most, is the bringing together of those who are curious, hungry, and willing seekers. Thank you.
Important things to keep in mind…
• The time could change slightly if the majority of attendees are coming from similar time zones. The earliest we have connected is 5:00 pm-PST, and the latest has been 6:30 pm-PST. To help make sense of the times, check this time zone converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html), add whatever city, state or country you are located in.
• If you live outside of the US… we would love for you to participate, keeping the above in mind, and that you are able to speak and understand the English language fluently.
• Act quickly if interested… questionnaires are due back no later than Oct. 22nd due to the amount of work needed to form groups. What questionnaire? By fully reading all course related pages at FunctionalYogaOnline.com/online-course (email directly with any specific questions) “Act quickly” is referring to the completed and returned questionnaire that you will receive after signing up here on this page. There are a lot of questionnaires to read by Oct 22nd, at which time you will be alerted about joining this group or future groups. We thank you for your interest and really want this experience for you and this specific information will truly help us to do that!
Included in this Course:
• Day After Email – including topic highlights from the session. This email also includes quotes, articles, audio (Dropbox is used frequently to share Katrina’s extensive library of teachings), books, links, videos and any other shareable material that has been used for the teachings.
• Private One-on-one Phone Calls – During the entirety of the course, everyone will have the opportunity for 2 private phone sessions with Katrina. For Group 1 this option made all the difference in bringing these teachings into practice. Open phone lines are available 2 times a week for 2 hours spent on either 1 or 2 students, depending. A phone number will be provided.
• Option for constant connection throughout the month – What we have learned from past groups is that the constant contact option via email (and other outlets provided) allowed each person to go at their own pace with individualized and personal guidance. If you desire additional time, have questions or want to target specific things, this course creates that space for you to do that. A direct email to Katrina is provided.
• Privacy and Community – A private locked Facebook group will be formed just prior to the start of the course. This was the most incredible part of cultivating community and friendships for everyone! We decided to keep these forums open past the course, and locked which allows you to continue relationships and support with Satsang from where ever in the world you are!
• Option to Submit your questions and topics – Email requests 3 days prior to each session. With a fluid approach to course topics, we get to meet the soul, not just curriculum. Life changes, emotions come and go…how we apply these wisdoms in daily life is to be experienced. Everyone is welcome to participate as much or as little as they’s like.
• Community-and-Personal practices – There are opportunities for further study in between meetings. Sometimes there are areas or topics in life we are naturally drawn to, and maybe even excel so they come easy to us – as you and Katrina get to know each other, and in honor of ‘conscious self-experience’ as your true guide, homework can be assigned individually, making this group also at times feel like a month long private guidance.
“I am noticing shifts in how I do things- everything from how I go to sleep to how I wake up (on all the levels). How I walk. How I look at my cane. How I use the word “I” and what it means. How I receive the world. I am learning ways that make sense right where I am and how I am, to use my life as my own practice…. Katrina is grounded, present, fierce and able to witness, hear and respond from a clean place that is rare.” ~ Renee, Disabled Writer, Ca
A lot goes into facilitating a course like this, as you can see by how much there is to inform you of! We don’t take for granted that showing up online, with a small group, for face to face studies, is different & personal. All the information you need and more is available on Functional Yoga Online, videos, FAQ. Katrina is so honored to bring her teacher Ram Dass’, as well as many other teachings, into a concept as freeing as ZITL. ZITL allows us to show up as we are and cultivate a deeper connection to our true self, and others.
Click here for “The Duality Reality” by Katrina Chester.