Two cultural icons. Two unique perspectives. One understanding of the presence of the way.
Alan Watts was a scholar and a philosopher; his ideas were deeply profound yet entirely accessible. Ram Dass was an explorer of human consciousness and heartfulness; his life was his message. Both were essential in transmitting Eastern mysticism to a Western audience, opening the minds and hearts of millions of people.
Though they traveled different paths of spirituality and mindfulness – Alan on the path of non-duality, Ram Dass on the path of Bhakti yoga – they came together in friendship and in understanding the Tao, the way of things. There are many pathways up the mountain, but the destination remains the same.
Love Serve Remember Foundation and the Alan Watts Organization invite you to open your mind, open your heart, and tap into the living truth of these two seminal figures.
In this 4-week course, you will...
- Immerse yourself in profound teachings from Alan Watts and Ram Dass, two cultural icons who were essential in bringing Eastern mysticism to a Western audience
- Recognize the possibility of a true merging of mind and heart through two very different perspectives on the spiritual path
- Discover ways to create greater balance and harmony in life
- Develop your intuition and sensitivity and leave behind your analytical mind
- Learn how to navigate the worlds of business, money, and pleasure, and use the stuff of life to get free
- Abandon the complicated games and self-interests that make you doubt yourself
- Gain discernment for the “divine madness” of love, sex, romance, and parenting
- Start to recognize your true nature in connection to your humanity
- Develop deeper trust in yourself, nature, and the way of things
Calendar of Events
Replays of the Dharma Talks will be available for those who cannot make the live events.
- Week 1 Dharma Talk Q&A with Mark Watts & Raghu Markus, hosted by Jackie Dobrinska - Monday, 10/2 @ 5pm PT / 8pm ET
- Week 1 Community Meetup hosted by Swapnil Abrol - Thursday, 10/5 @ noon PT / 3pm ET
- Week 2 Dharma Talk Q&A with David Nichtern, hosted by Jackie Dobrinska - Monday, 10/9 @ 5pm PT / 8pm ET
- Week 2 Community Meetup hosted by Swapnil Abrol - Thursday, 10/12 @ noon PT / 3pm ET
- Week 3 Dharma Talk Q&A with Koshin Paley Ellison, hosted by Ganga Devi Braun - Monday, 10/16 @ 5pm PT / 8pm ET
- Week 3 Community Meetup hosted by Matthew Ceurvorst - Thursday, 10/19 @ noon PT / 3pm ET
- Week 4 Dharma Talk Q&A with Trudy Goodman, hosted by Ganga Devi Braun - Monday, 10/23 at 5pm PT/ 8pm ET
- Week 4 Community Meetup hosted by Matthew Ceurvorst- Thursday, 10/26 at noon PT / 3pm ET