LGBTQ+ Satsang: Devotion & the Guru
July 10 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
“All a teacher really offers is his or her own being.”
~ Ram Dass
Maharaj-ji (Neem Karoli Baba) loves all as they are, in their complete wholeness. In honor of Guru Pūrṇimā, a yearly celebration honoring our teachers, we will explore how we can love ourselves as another, and another as ourselves. How does the guru manifest in everyday life? How can our daily actions reflect our devotion to the One? What does it mean to lay it all at the feet of the guru?
This session will include meditation, stories of Neem Karoli Baba, group discussion, and kirtan.
For those who identify as LGBTQ+.
LGBTQ+ Satsang Mission Statement
The LGBTQ+ Ram Dass Satsang’s mission is to cultivate loving awareness and heart connections in a community of kindred souls. We celebrate our unity in the full spectrum of gender and sexuality in and from a space of supportive openness.
- Create a refuge of satsang for LGBTQ+ individuals through the teachings of Maharaj-ji and Ram Dass
- Promote inclusive transcendence and self-acceptance of our human incarnation as members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Explore the intersection of seva/service & the spectrum of gender and sexuality
- Hold a space for exploring being LGBTQ+ from the perspective of consciousness
- Have a place to have a voice and be a valued part of the community
- Remove barriers from LGBTQ+ identities within the spiritual world
- Help to generate a shift within the collective consciousness through awakening
To register, sign up for the Ram Dass Fellowship, and check “LGBTQIA Fellowship” under the Fellowship Group Options. You will be added to the mailing list and will receive links prior to the event.