- This event has passed.
LGBTQ+ Satsang: Living Authentically through Telling the Truth with Gillian Power
December 11, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PST
“What seems to happen as you evolve spiritually is that the impurities or the things that veil you from being in your deepest truth become more unbearable.” – Ram Dass
For December’s gathering, we’ll be diving into how one’s identity under the LGBTQ+ umbrella is a form of truth-telling. Gillian Power will share how following her heart and living freely and openly as a trans woman led her to Maharaji and the path of Bhakti to bathe in the boundless river of love and devotion.
Gillian Power is a trans woman who lives in the Midwest. She found Maharaji again in this lifetime after she discovered Krishna Das and kirtan during her transition in 2013/2014. Gillian grew up in South Africa and trained as a Dr. of Homeopathic medicine. Since leaving South Africa she has been working in technology and currently serves as the Chief Technology Officer for Lambda Legal – a non-profit law firm that focuses on impact litigation on behalf of LGBTQIA+ people and people living with HIV. She is a registered Reiki Master and a professional member of the International Center for Reiki Training. She and her wife are developing a farm-to-market business selling organic vegetables. They have two teenage daughters. Gillian will be sharing her personal and spiritual journey and exploring the ways that being queer are inextricably linked to her ongoing spiritual awakening.
Join us for a spirited gathering to honor our queer fellowship community. This event will include meditation, social discussion time, and kirtan. Please feel free to bring a story, excerpt, or teaching to share with the Satsang, that connects you to or reflects your queer spiritual experience.
For those who identify as LGBTQ+.
LGBTQ+ Satsang Mission Statement
The LGBTQ+ Ram Dass Satsang’s mission is to cultivate loving awareness and heart connections in a community of kindred souls. We celebrate our unity in the full spectrum of gender and sexuality in and from a space of supportive openness.
- Create a refuge of satsang for LGBTQ+ individuals through the teachings of Maharaj-ji and Ram Dass
- Promote inclusive transcendence and self-acceptance of our human incarnation as members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Explore the intersection of seva/service & the spectrum of gender and sexuality
- Hold a space for exploring being LGBTQ+ from the perspective of consciousness
- Have a place to have a voice and be a valued part of the community
- Remove barriers from LGBTQ+ identities within the spiritual world
- Help to generate a shift within the collective consciousness through awakening
To register, sign up for the Ram Dass Fellowship, and check “LGBTQIA Fellowship” under the Fellowship Group Options. You will be added to the mailing list and will receive links prior to the event.